Get your daily bite-sized digest of crypto and blockchain-related news and explore the stories flying under the crypto news radar today.
- British courts today n chain Chief scientist Craig Wright told Bitcoin podcaster Peter McCormack that “each publication likely caused serious damage to Dr. Wright’s reputation,” but Wright’s “It would be unconscionable for him to recover more than the nominal amount of damages if it were held until a few days before the trial in view of the evidence of a willfully false case and material damages. Accordingly, Damages of £1 were awarded.”
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk files counterclaim twitter A legal battle with social media companies escalated on Friday over his bid to stay out of the US$44 billion deal, according to Reuters. Also on Friday, Musk was sued by his Twitter shareholders, who ordered the billionaire to close the deal, finding that he had breached his fiduciary duty to his Twitter shareholders and that he It asked the court to award damages for the losses it caused.
- According to CoinShares data, digital asset investment products registered a total inflow of US$81 million last week, marking the fifth consecutive week of total inflows of US$530 million. Bitcoin inflows last week totaled US$85 million (he had US$19 million the previous week), while Ethereum inflows fell from US$8 million to US$1 million in a week.
- Leading French-based crypto hardware wallet manufacturer ledger Bloomberg said it would raise at least $100 million in a funding round that would give it a higher valuation than its most recent funding request ($1.5 billion) in June 2021, citing undisclosed sources familiar with the plans. Bloomberg reports that it is in talks to procure.
- FC Barcelona announced a blockchain-powered fan engagement and rewards platform Socios.com Become a strategic technology partner to accelerate FC Barcelona’s Blockchain, NFT, Digital Assets and Web3 strategy. The partnership includes Socios.com owners and technology providers. chili’s invest US$100 million Barça Studio Acquires a 24.5% stake in the club’s digital content creation and distribution hub.
- US-based fintech company ripple announced that Q2 2022 was a record quarter for its on-demand liquidity (ODL) network, with volume growing ninefold in one year. Also, his total Ripple XRP sales last quarter were US$408.9 million compared to his US$273.27 million last quarter.
- W3B clouda storage and computing infrastructure provider powering Web 3 applications, today announced it will go public through a special purpose acquisition company. Social Leverage Acquisition CorporationUpon completion of the transaction, the company expects an initial enterprise value of US$1.25 billion. Founded in 2018, W3BCLOUD AMD, Consensisand the founder of the company.
- binance We plan to issue a Binance Account Bound (BAB). It is described as the first-ever Soulbound Token (SBT) built on the BNB smart chain. BABs are only accessible through the Binance mobile app as an opt-in feature, allowing users to create BABs directly in the wallet they use on the platform.The token serves as an identity for Binance, demonstrating that the customer knows the customer process, but as the “decentralized society” use case evolves, Binance will issue other types of BAB tokens in the future. The exchange said in a press release it shared that it could be Cryptonews.com.
- crypto exchange coin flex announced that it had let go of a “significant number” of teams “across all departments and geographies” and that their headcount reductions and non-labor costs had reduced its cost base by approximately 50% to 60%. said. While the bulk of the remaining team is focused on product and technology, the exchange’s intention is to “remain appropriately sized for any entity considering a potential acquisition or partnership opportunity for CoinFLEX.” It is,” they added.
- FTX Exchange FZE announced that it has been approved to join Dubai’s ‘Minimum Viable Products’ program for virtual assets, under the world’s only professional structure in the sector run by . virtual asset regulatorand can now operate a virtual asset exchange and clearinghouse service in Dubai.
- derivatives exchange Biget announced the launch of the $200 million Bitget Protection Fund consisting of BTC 6,000 and USDT 80m. Bitget said in a press release: Cryptonews.com The fund is fully self-funded and is committed to securing the value of the fund for the next three years.
- According to Reuters, Honduras has launched a “Bitcoin Valley” in the tourist town of Santa Lucia. The project aims to initially train 60 businesses to adopt cryptocurrencies to sell their products and services, with the hope that these practices will spread to more businesses and neighborhoods. I’m here.
- Ethereum (ETH) co-founder Vitalik Buterin claimed that “anything [metaverse-related] Facebook If you create it now, it will fail. He said, “The definition of ‘metaverse’ is still not well understood. It’s too early to know what people really want.” According to Buterin, the Metaverse “will happen.” But “attempts by existing companies to intentionally create a metaverse are going nowhere.”
- Blockchain analytics firm since Russia launched war in Ukraine in February this year Chainalysis We identified 54 organizations that received a total of over US$2.2 million in cryptocurrency, mostly from Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum donations. “Significant” amounts of Tether (USDT), Litecoin (LTC), and Dogecoin (DOGE) have also been sent. Social media posts from the group show that most of these funds are being used to equip paramilitary groups, they added.
- of Urb The (AAVE) community has passed a proposal to launch a native crypto-based stablecoin, GHO, with 99.99% of votes in favor of the proposal, according to its governance page. GHO should be launched on her Aave protocol, and users will be able to create her GHO against provided collateral, the proposal states.