- Today is the first day of Coin Gecko’s 2022 Gecko Con, which runs from July 14th to 15th (9 am to 3 pm Eastern Standard Time).
- This year’s GeckoCon will focus on how Web3 enhances the decentralized future.
- In one of today’s sessions, we talked about the future of DeFi.
- One of the key points from the speakers is that DeFi’s next growth is likely to come from Solana, Avalanche, and other chains.
- Ethereum will continue to be at the core of smart contract development and DeFi, but other blockchain projects may lose their advantage as they focus on marketing and advertising.
The long-awaited GeckoCon2022 virtual conference, hosted by the CoinGecko team, was successfully launched early today. The two-day virtual meeting will take place July 14-15 (9 am EST to 3 pm EST) and will focus on how Web3 enhances the decentralized future.
Gecko!Are you ready #GeckoCon?? ?
— CoinGecko (@coingecko) July 13, 2022
The next growth phase of DeFi could come from Solana, Avalanche, and other chains.
One of today’s GeckoCon sessions, titled “What’s Next for DeFi?” We discussed current events affecting the decentralized financial industry and potential for short-term and long-term future growth.
Speakers for this session included Michelle Sun, Serum’s core contributor. Gearbox core contributor Ivan Gbi; 0x Murloc, co-founder of Trader Joe’s XYZ. George Harap, co-founder of Step Finance.
Speakers will provide valuable insights into the impact of the collapse of UST on Defi, the impact of Three Arrows Capital on the industry, the future of algorithmic stablecoin, CeFi (centralized finance) interconnectivity, DeFi and more. did.
One of the key points from the debate was their prediction that the next phase of DeFi growth is likely to come from Solana, Avalanche, and other chains. They pointed out that Ethereum remains a major smart contract platform and a priority destination for major projects. However, new users are investing heavily in marketing and advertising and may enter DeFi through other chains.
Murloc pointed out that new DeFi users are more likely to see ads for Solana, Avalanche, and other chains than they see ads for the Ethereum team. He said:
I would be pretty surprised if something like Avalanche and Solana wasn’t an important chain, like five years from now … I would be pretty shocked if Ethereum wasn’t the dominant chain in the future. .. Whether it’s tokenomics or growth hacking, I think we’ll see many cutting-edge innovations centered around smart contracts and different types of mechanisms.
… That said, where did the next billion users come from? My guess is that it comes from other chains … because growth requires marketing … I haven’t seen too many Ethereum signs … and this is done by all new chains today .. You have a Crypto.com arena, not an Ethereum Foundation arena.
GeckoCon 2022 will feature over 150 keynote speakers.
Keep in mind that GeckoCon will feature over 150 keynote speakers, including:
- Coin Gecko co-founder Bobby Ong
- TMLee, CEO and co-founder of Coin Gecko
- Alexander Larsen, COO and co-founder of Axie Infinity
- Reliable CEO and Founder, Alexei Falin
- Kosala Hemachandra, CEO and Founder of MyEtherWallet
- Sebastian Borget, COO and co-founder of Sandbox
- Nansen CEO, Alex Svanevik
- Mike Dudas, co-founder of 6th Man Ventures
- ShapeShift DAO co-founder, Jon ShapeShift
- Larry Selmac, Vice President of Research for Brock