Top 10 articles published in national newspapers might interest you.
1. Wyke warns against plot to sabotage Rivers election in 2023
Rivers Governor Neesom Wyke claimed Sunday that some local politicians have begun enlisting cultists and ex-convicts as political thugs in preparation for the 2023 state general election.
2. “We reject any presidential candidate who refuses to speak out against the killing of northerners in the East” – NEF
The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) says North Korea will reject a presidential candidate who refuses to speak out against the killing and arrest of northerners in the southeast in the 2023 general election.read more
3. “You don’t work in vain,” Peter Obi assures supporters
Labor Party presidential candidate Peter Obi on Sunday welcomed his supporters in Nasarawa state to come out aggressively to join the just-concluded million-man march.read more
4. IPOB distances itself from killing northerners in Imo
The Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) have distanced themselves from the alleged killing of eight northerners in the Ologwe community in the Mbaitri local government area of Imo state.read more
5. Dili’s Bayelsa governor talks rift with predecessor Dixon
Bayelsa Governor Due Dilli denied there were any political differences between him and the current Bayelsa Western representative in the National Assembly, Seriake Dixon.read more
Read also: Top 10 Nigerian Newspaper Articles, Sunday 7 August 2022
6. NGX Roundup: Sale of BUA Cement, Neimeth as investors trade shares worth N12.85bn
Nigerian capital market investors traded 705.636 million shares worth N12.85 billion in 22,124 transactions last week.read more
7. ECOWAS Congress Denies Recruitment Fraud Allegations
On Sunday, the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) parliament dismissed allegations made by several Nigerian lawmakers about unethical recruitment practices at the organization.read more
8. Police kill two notorious armed robbers in Lagos
Police operatives in Lagos have killed two notorious armed robbers terrorizing the state’s Apapa region and recovered guns and ammunition.read more
9. Army kills bandit leader and eight in northwestern Nigeria
Nigerian Air Force troops killed nine suspected bandits, including leader Abdulkarim Fakafaka, in the Safana local government area of Katsina state on Sunday.read more
10. Ese Brume wins gold in long jump, breaking C’Wealth Games record
Nigerian athlete Ese Bloom won gold in the women’s long jump at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.read more
join the conversation
Support Ripple in Nigeria and Maintain Solution Journalism
Data-driven, balanced and fearless journalism comes with enormous economic costs.
As a media platform, we hold our leadership accountable and do not trade our rights to press freedom and free speech for easy deals.
If you like what we do and are ready to support Solution Journalism, kindly donate ripple nigeria cause.
Your support will help ensure that citizens and institutions have free access to reliable and reliable information for social development.